Christmas 2020 update:
We asked you, the Trinity community, to seek the Lord in prayer by asking "What needs to be done?" It's been a joy to see the creative ways God is directing His people to be the hands and feet of Jesus this Christmas! We have been so excited to see the creativity, love, and willingness to serve in Christ's name - God is moving in and through you, and it is evident! It is our hope that you and your family, friends or small group will document the experience through pictures and videos. Please click the button below to submit your stories of hope and encouragement. Send your photos and/or videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Christmas 2020?
Every Christmas, the Trinity Church family has shown up in force to bless and serve our community through Love Lansing. Although we usually gather to go out and serve in one large group, that obviously isn’t possible this year. But that doesn’t mean we can’t bless and serve others in honor of Jesus. Jesus has equipped and empowered us, as individuals, families, small groups, and Trinity@Home Gatherings, to serve others and give them a glimpse of how deeply He loves them!
Will you be in prayer by simply asking the question, “What needs to be done?” Allow God to show you a practical need and how He wants you to respond to it. It is our hope that this Christmas 2020 experience will cultivate an ongoing posture of service in our lives and our communities.
So here is your part, if you are willing to join us:
- Ask Jesus where He is already working and where you can join Him.
- Ask a few people to join you – another family, some friends, your group or community.
- Prayerfully plan what you will do.
- Let us know what your plan is and whether you need help with ideas.
- Act on your plan – go serve and bless others this Christmas Season in the name of Jesus!
- Let us know how it goes! Take pictures or video and share your story with us by emailing email@example.com. Post on social media using the hashtag #lovelansing.
We understand the concerns with serving others during a pandemic, so we encourage you to find a project that fits your comfort level of participation. We have several contactless ways to show the love of Jesus to the Lansing area. If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping us bless our community as the Body of Christ this Christmas season!