From Pastor Marvin
Dear Trinity Family and Friends:
Throughout the last ten months, we have committed to being the people of God, not gathered in a building, but scattered as the collective presence of God in our homes and our communities. We have seen God at work in this season - awakening us, His people, in ways we could not have asked for or imagined. Now, we realize that not everyone has fully understood or even agreed with our COVID re-entry plans. We get it, and we appreciate you trusting the Trinity Leadership to hear from and be led by God.
We believe that the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has updated and eased COVID guidelines enough to begin hosting events again on the Trinity Church campus starting Monday, February 1st. The re-entry plan was discussed with the Governing Elders, and we received their approval to move forward.
What does this mean?
- Small Group Meetings: Beginning February 1, small group meetings and activities can resume meeting in the church, as necessary.
- Sunday Gatherings: The Gatherings will continue to be online only for January 31 and February 7. Beginning Sunday, February 14, we will continue to broadcast our gatherings online, and the Main Auditorium will be open for people to attend the Gatherings, which will be conducted as follows:
- Upon entering the building, each person is required to check-in, remain physically distant, and wear a mask properly at all times.
- The worship team will continue to worship from individual pods, with the worship projected onto a screen in the Main Auditorium.
- The teacher will teach from the platform in the Main Auditorium.
- Children and Student Ministries will host Infants through 6th grade in the Children’s wing.
In the coming week, we will be publishing our COVID protocols and a more detailed look at what the in-person Sunday Gathering experience will look like. We understand that within our Trinity Family we have people who are ready to come back in-person and people who are not ready. We want to encourage you to make the decision that is best for your health and heart. We will continue to be the collective presence of God and the family of Trinity Church scattered in our homes and our communities. We love you dearly and deeply.
May the Lord bless you and keep you and give you peace.
Pastor Marvin Williams
Lead Pastor, Trinity Church
Awakening people to full life with Christ